April 22, 2011

Pumping Soon and Some Other Stuff

Events in my life seem to happen faster than I can get a chance to blog about them. Now.. where to start??

CAMP
We made it to camp last weekend. Jaxson had a blast. He rode a horse for the first time in his life (and I'm sad because I didn't get to witness it or get pictures), did some artsy/crafty kind of stuff and made some new friends. I, on the other hand, didn't have that much fun. The speakers were great, but for me it was information that I already knew and sitting for 2 1/2 hours at a time was agony. It's a beautiful camp, well-staffed and organized and Jaxson will surely be attending in the future when he is old enough. I'm thankful the for the opportunity to experience Camp Hertko Hollow.

PUMP CLASS
We had our first pump class on Wednesday night. I've been pretty excited about pumping and I was happy to see Jaxson so enthusiastic about putting in an inset. And as the other kids around the room shared how they hated needles, Jaxson proclaims how much he likes them! Umm.. okay?? Personally, I think he was just excited and loves to talk if anyone will hear him. He has however, always been compliant about needles and injections with little to no complaining, so... YAY! My son likes needles... I guess?

So first thing this morning I was on the phone with our insurance company to check on coverage and also called the Animas Rep to schedule a visit and get our paperwork started. He's coming tomorrow evening.

Is it weird that I'm so excited about this?

And yes, after much studying and comparison, we have decided to go with Animas. I've been trolling blogs in the DOC for weeks and I appreciate you all for taking the time to share your pump experience.

GRADUATION PREPARATION
So in the midst of all this, we still have a graduation party to plan for. We've rented a cabin at a lake and we're planning on having a wiener roast and all the stuff that goes along with it. Invitations must go out early next week as graduation is May 15th. I don't even think it's set in yet that I'm about to have another one finished with school and going to college in the Fall.

That's a wrap for now. Goodnight DOC and sweet dreams <3

6 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle at Jaxson saying he likes needles. My son would tell you he likes them too! :)

    You know how to party! A cabin at a lake?! A wiener roast?! Fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...let's have a D MAMA PARTY at a cabin!!! FUN :)

    Congrats on your pump -- it's totally normal to be excited! A lot goes in to the decision to pursue a pump and it's awesome to move in a new direction!

    I love attending D events...but I have to admit that I get frustrated when all the speakers seem to talk about the same old stuff over and over again. I have to remind myself that someone is probably new...and 6 years ago, I would have been soaking up every word while praying I'd be able to process it.

    At the same time, though...CHECK YOU OUT! Look how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahooooooooooo!!!! I am excited to follow your pumping journey. If you need anything with Animas questions or concerns feel free to email me or message me on FB Deanna.

    And WOOT on the camp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Animas, huh? I am sure I will learn all about it at our pump class nect month. And, no, I do not find it weird you are ecxited. I am too! We try to make Ellie's D-'accessories' as fun natured as we can because the subject matter is just plain yucky.

    Glad to hear Camp Hertko was a hit for Jaxson. Ellie will be attending next summer.

    Glad to hear everything is good and in full-spring-mode around your parts. Enjoy the garduation event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all just rolling along. Just keep taking it all in. Excellent venue for S's party. Good thought!

    Keep rolling with changes with D-life/family-life.

    Is J going to CHH this summer? Is he old enough yet? C didn't want to go back this summer due to a conflict and now she does. We shall see what shakes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not weird at all that your excited... the ping is awesome. Keep us posted on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...