November 25, 2010

Being Thankful

The holidays are really sneaking up on me this year and I'm just not ready. However, tis the season to be thankful! My heart really isn't in it, but I'm gonna give it a go anyway.

I'm thankful for alarm clocks that wake me at midnight and 3 a.m. Without them I would still be sleeping.

I'm thankful Jaxson still thinks I'm cool, even if his teenage sisters don't.

I'm thankful for 2 teenage daughters who take on the responsibility of caring for their brother to and from school every day and those days when I just need a break.

I'm thankful for a school nurse who looks after Jaxson as if he were her own son.

I'm thankful that my husband has a good job, even if it means he'll be working the holidays.

I'm thankful for finding the D-OC.  It's because of them I'm beginning to regain a bit of my sanity.

I'm thankful for 2 beautiful grand-babies who have opened up a whole new place in my heart I never knew existed.
Dolly-Pop
Monkey Boy

(Yes, I just shamelessly bragged on my grand-babies by showing their pictures! :) Gotta admit it, they're pretty cute, huh?)

I'm thankful that after staring at this blank page forever, I'm starting to find more things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for the way my daughter Payton makes me feel like a kid again with her crazy antics and obnoxious behavior.

I'm thankful that Jaxson was diagnosed early.

I'm thankful for every chance I get to see Shelby perform on stage.

I'm thankful for Facebook keeping me in touch with family I would otherwise be out of touch with.

I'm thankful for a brave little boy who tells me "mom, you're the best" right before every injection and finger poke.

That wasn't too painful. Therapeutic actually! I know I could find more to be thankful for, but for nearly 3 a.m. this is about all I've got.

Learning to be thankful every day.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Deanna...I admire you. I don't know that I would have had this post in me right after Joe's diagnosis. I, too, am incredibly thankful for you and the D-OC.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...