January 29, 2011

A Sad Day

My head is spinning, and even though Jaxson has a good steady number, I hesitate to lay my head down to sleep. It seems that just when I start thinking this can't happen to us, I'm bolted back to the reality of this awful disease! 

Tonight, 5 families are grieving. Grieving because they have lost precious loved ones to Type 1 Diabetes: A 16 year old boy, a 24 year old girl, a 27 year old mother of 2, a 9 year old girl who took her own life, succumbing to depression, and an 18 month old baby who was misdiagnosed. My heart aches for them all. I don't know their names or faces, but when this kind of news starts making its way around the DOC, I hear my sons name and I see his face. 

Dedicated to all of those who have lost the fight...

and to all of us who won't quit until we find a cure..

1 comment:

  1. RIGHT ON...we won't quit Deanna. The reality of this disease is devastating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...